Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Sometimes people can surprise you

I had some errands to run today and some insoles to test so i spent more time in the park than i have been. I think i was there for all of an hour and a half, total throughout the day. I made sure to stop at every red light and always yield to pedestrians, even if they walk when it says "dont walk". Some pedestrians were clearly shocked by my courteousness. I didn't take their pictures, no need to embarrass them.

Someone told me central park is like a zoo. The problem is - a zoo has cages and the animals can't escape. This is more like open field and do what you want.  I had way too many pictures so i had to pick the good ones.  Some of these are on par with other, some are better despite being one single offense. Wrong direction in the lane of traffic seems worse than in the bike lane (pure physics, 30mph car * mass of car= its momentum. If you are driving AT it, the energy dissipated upon impacted increases. Same collision with a cyclist, in the bike lane? a lot less mass, and thus energy to dissipate. It will still hurt like hell, but you'll survive).  what are your thoughts? favorite picture from all posts so far? post a comment.

Kinda at a loss - pedestrians eager to move, runner in the bike lane (he was dancing, it was disturbing honestly)

All I can think of is anarchy. Skateboarder, and Bicyclist in right direction, Runners the other. but Why? 
1: Isn't it great that they have this bike lane just for us? 2: yeah, its so nice to have the park all to ourselves.

Skateboarder: can you tell me which way to get to the nearest cab? oh wait - here comes one right at me about to hit me! (not really, but middle of the lane going the wrong direction?)

The light was green for cars. Good thing no one got hit. Where is the ticket for pedestrians impeding the right of way of a vehicle? (yes that is a ticket, but only 1 YTD has been given in central park)

wow - this park is so beautiful. Why is that big suburban SUV speeding in my direction? oh wait, that light behind me is green for cars!

please, leave me alone, i'm having a blonde moment. I know the cars are going the right way, i can handle myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment